A call for nominations! - Gordon Seabright Volunteer of the Year Award
VOCM Cares Foundation has announced an open nomination for the Gordon Seabright Volunteer of the Year Award. Established in 2014, the award commemorates the contribution of the late Gordon Seabright to the work of the VOCM Cares Foundation.
Local charities, community groups, schools, and individuals are invited to nominate a key volunteer who has made a difference in the community through volunteerism. In recognition of their contribution, VOCM Cares Foundation will donate $1,000 to the selected award recipient’s charity of choice.
The deadline for nominations is Friday June 10, 2022 at 12:00 PM (NDT)
The application can be found here: http://vocmcares.com/gordon-seabright-award/
- The volunteer has contributed or is contributing to the development of the community by giving their volunteer time to organizations, groups and or discipline while meeting the criteria below.
- The volunteer has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has provided exemplary service as a volunteer. The individual must have volunteered for a minimum of five years.
- The nominee must volunteer within the province of NL and provide a service to the people of NL.
- Absolutely no personal remuneration can be received for a service provided (e.g. get paid for their time).
- The nominee must be nominated by a person or a group and must have at least two letters of support from two different individuals. These letters should represent the outstanding commitment and service the nominee provided.
For more information, contact:
Kalysha Snow (she/her)
Project Coordinator, VOCM Cares Foundation
T: 709-570-1197 | C: 709-728-1159